Choosing the best vacuum for cars will help you to keep your car looking great longer without costing you a fortune at those detailing shops.
With people keeping their cars longer than ever before, they are more dedicated to keeping their cars in good shape both mechanically and aesthetically.
Here are some great car vacuums that will have your car looking the way it should every single day.
Table of Content
- 1 Best Vacuum For Cars to Clean Efficiently
- 1.1 Black & Decker PAV1200W – Best Vacuum for Cars
- 1.2 Features
- 1.3 Black + Decker CHV1410L 16 Volt – Best Cordless Vacuum for Cars
- 1.4 Carrand 94005AS AutoSpa Bagless Auto-Vac
- 1.5 Features
- 1.6 Black & Decker Pivot Vac 18V – Handheld Vacuum for Cars
- 1.7 More Vacuums for Your Car
Best Vacuum For Cars to Clean Efficiently
Black & Decker PAV1200W – Best Vacuum for Cars
Made especially for cars, this Black & Decker 12-Volt Handheld Vacuum is the perfect little machine to carry in the trunk of your car for those quick pick me up jobs as well as that afternoon of car cleaning.
- 12-Volts plugs right into the car lighter
- Pivoting nozzle helps you get into all of those cracks and crevices
- Cyclonic action keeps filter cleaner
- Finger tip on/off control
- Comes with brush tool, hose, right angled brush tool, and storage bag to keep everything neatly together.
- 2 year warranty
This Black & Decker 12-volt vacuum is only 12 volts and therefore can’t be expected to have the power of a full size vacuum. However, this car vacuum is great at helping you to keep your car free of dirt and debris.
The Black & Decker PAV1200W gets good reviews overall.
There are some viewers whose vac stopped working after only a few months of use. And those who expected this car vac to have the same suction power as a full size vacuum cleaner would have.
However, for those users who had realistic expectations of what a 12 volt vacuum was capable of, the PAV1200W met or exceeded their expectations.
Features that users especially like include:
- The Long Cord – Not only does having a cord mean that you aren’t going to run out of power in the middle of vacuuming your vehicle, the length of this cord means you can easily reach both the front and the back of your car without worrying about unplugging the cord while you are cleaning away.
- On Board Storage – All the tools you need are stored right on this car vac so you don’t have to worry about having to search for that specific tool you need to finish the job, because you have misplaced it.
- Easy to Empty Filter – Users also like the fact that the filter is easy to empty and clean, making maintaining this vacuum simple and easy.
While this Black & Decker car vac may not have the power of a full size vacuum it does the job that most people want it to do when cleaning their car using only the car lighter outlet.
Black + Decker CHV1410L 16 Volt – Best Cordless Vacuum for Cars
Although not specifically made as a car vacuum, the Black + Decker CHV1410L 16 Volt Lithium Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vac is nonetheless a great car vac and as well as handy quick picker upper for in the home.
- Uses replacement filter VF110fc
- Smart charge technology uses up to 50% less energy
- Rotating slim nozzle targets dirt in tight spaces
- 50% more reach than previous dust busters, so you can get more dirt
- Comes with Brush and Crevice Tool located on-board
- Lithium Ion
Because the CHV1410L Dust Buster is a cordless vacuum that uses a Lithium Ion battery, it is ideal for vacuuming the entire vehicle front and back and from top to bottom.
While the Lithium Ion battery may take a bit longer to charge, the battery runs for a longer time than other batteries as well, which should give you plenty of time to vacuum out your vehicle if the vacuuming is done on a regular basis.
Overall this Black & Decker dust buster gets exceptionally good reviews. Although there are a few users who feel that the battery life is too short for their needs, and the vacuum itself is under-powered.
However, the users that feel this way are the exception rather than the rule. And most users really feel that this little vac does a good job at helping them keep their car clean.
Features users especially like include:
- The Battery Life – Although there are a few users that disagree, most users feel this vacuum has adequate vacuum life to meet their needs, and a few feel the battery lasts longer than expected.
- Easy to Clean Dust Bowls and Filters – Users also enjoy the fact that the dust bowl and filters on this vacuum is easy to clean, making it possible for them to spend more time using this vacuum than cleaning it.
- Good Accessories – Users not only feel that this Dust Buster is well designed, but feel that the accessories are too and just what is needed to clean all those hard to reach places.
Most users like the Dust Buster and find it ideal for cleaning their car as well as for small jobs inside of the home.
Carrand 94005AS AutoSpa Bagless Auto-Vac
The Carrand 94005AS AutoSpa Bagless Auto-Vac is designed for cleaning the inside of automobiles.
However, you do need 120 volt outside power source as the power cord on this vacuum does not plug into your car battery.
- 550 Watts of Cleaning Power
- 12 foot cord
- 40” of flexible vacuum hose
- Tools for dash, console brush, crevice tool, carpet and upholstery tool with onboard storage
- Reusable collection cup
While some people may not like having to plug this car vac into an outside power source, using a 120 volt outlet gives this vacuum more cleaning power and should result in a more powerful suction.
Overall, users give this AutoSpa vacuum very good ratings and feel that it does an excellent job at cleaning the inside of their automobile.
The only problem users experienced with this vacuum is the fact that it can’t be plugged into the car lighter. And some users feel that since this vacuum has 120 volts it should have more suction power.
Features that users find useful include:
- Lightweight – This vacuum is lightweight and easy to hold with one hand, so that you can easily use the hose and tools with the other hand while vacuuming.
- Great on Pet Hair – This car vac is great for those who own pets because it picks up a lot of debris including that hard to vacuum up pet hair.
- Built in Swivel at the Base of the Hose – The built in swivel at the end of the hose, allows you to get into all of those cracks and crevices and making it easier to reach all of these hard to reach places.
- Powerful – Despite the few complaints from users who don’t find this vac as powerful as they would like, most users find it more powerful than other hand held vacuums, which saves them some time when cleaning their car.
Despite the fact that this vacuum does need a regular power source, users find the Carrand 94005AS AutoSpa Bagless Auto-Vac to be ideal for keeping their car looking good.
Black & Decker Pivot Vac 18V – Handheld Vacuum for Cars
When it comes to popular vacuums for your vehicle, it seems that most users choose the Black and Decker brand.
The Black & Decker PHV 1810 Cordless Vacuum is the third vacuum by this company that gets the approval of people looking for a good vac to clean their car.
- Cordless handheld vacuum
- 18 volts
- Cyclonic action
- On board brush and extendable crevice tool
- Washable dust cup and filters
- LED charging light
- 2 year limited warranty
The Black & Decker PHV 1810 Cordless Pivot Head Vacuum has all of the features to meet the needs of anyone wanting to clean their car.
Users like the Black & Decker PHV1810 Cordless vac, but find it does have some flaws, such as a short battery life.
Other users find that this vacuum may quit running for no apparent reason shortly after purchasing.
However, most users find that this vacuum causes them no problem and even find the following features beneficial.
- Good Suction – Users state that this vacuum has great suction power when the battery is fully charged, often allowing users to completely vacuum up their car before the battery fades.
- Built in Cleaning Brush – Users also like the built in cleaning brush, finding it effective and liking the fact that it simply can’t get misplaced or lost.
- Swivel Head – Users also like the fact that this vacuum has a swivel head, allowing them into those cracks and crevices where dust and dirt seem to gather.
Finding the best vacuum for cars is simply a matter of finding one that has the features and the power to meet your needs.
Keeping your carpet clean in your home is also just as important. If you have high pile carpet, here are some tips on how to keep it clean.
More Vacuums for Your Car
ThisWorx for TWC-01 Car VacuumArmor All 2.5 Gallon, 2 Peak HP, Utility Wet/Dry Vacuum, AA255Hikeren Car Vacuum Cleaner, DC 12-Volt 106W 4300-4500PA Handheld Wet&Dry Multifunctional Auto Vacuum Cleaner