For well over 100 years Singer has been making the life of home seamstresses easier and more affordable. The Singer 14CG754 Pro Finish 2-3-4 Thread Serger is just another machine made by Singer to speed up those sewing tasks and help the home seamstress put those professional finishing touches on everything they make.
Table of Content
- 1 Singer 14CG754 Pro Finish 2-3-4 Thread Serger With Machine Intro DVD Review
Singer 14CG754 Pro Finish 2-3-4 Thread Serger With Machine Intro DVD Review
SINGER | ProFinish 14CG754 Serger 2-3-4 Thread Capability Overlock with Blind Hem, Rolled Hems and Flatlocking, Take Your Creations to the Next Level!
- 2-3-4 thread capabilities provides users with more stitch variety
- Differential feed eliminates stretching and puckering of fabrics
- 4 built in rolled hems provide more hem options
- Adjustable stitch length and width keeps seams strong and prevents bunching of material
- Color coded threading
- 1300 stitches per minute
- Movable upper knife
- 110 volt machine
- Measures: 14” X 11” X 11.5
- weighs 13.5 pounds
The Singer 14CG754 Pro Finish 2-3-4 Serger is a portable serger that is perfect for both those people new to sergers as well as more experienced serger users.
Handy and convenient, this serger is extremely affordable for those people who want a quality serger on a budget.
The Singer14CG754 gets overall good ratings, but users seem to have a love/hate relationship with it.
While about a quarter of the users dislike it (some because they couldn’t get the machine to work, either because of a problem with the machine, or because they were extremely new to sergers and didn’t know what to adjust), ¾ of the users were actually quite impressed with this serger and found the following benefits:
- Easing Threading – Most users were surprised at just how easy threading this serger turned out to be. Sergers are known for their complicated threading, most customers said the color coding system and the DVD make threading easy to learn.
- Great Overstitch – Users are pleased with the overstitch, stating that it is fast and looks professional.
- Sturdy – Consumers find that this serger is extremely sturdy despite being a portable machine.
- Quality Build – Despite the price and the fact that much of this machine is plastic that it is a quality machine.
- Does an Amazing Job on All Fabrics – Most people are also extremely impressed that this serger does a great job on all types of fabrics, from lace to heavier materials such as wool and denim.
- Great First Serger – For many users this is their first serger and they are thrilled with it for their beginning serging attempts. They find that it is easy to learn and doesn’t take long to figure out the ins and outs of using it.
Overall the Singer 14CG754 is an inexpensive serger, that is perfect for people who are just learning to use a serger, or who are on a budget.
While a few users found that they purchased machines that did not work, this was not a problem for most users.
More Singer Machine Options
SINGER | Professional 5 14T968DC Serger with 2-3-4-5 Threaded Capability, including Cover Stitch, Auto Tension, and Bonus Presser FeetSINGER | Finishing Touch 14SH6540 Differential-Feed Serger Sewing Machine including 4-3 Stitch Configuration, Color-Coded Lay-in Threading SystemSINGER Sewing Machine 14J250 Stylist II Serger Overlock Machine with 2-3-4 Thread Capability and Differential Feed