Nostalgia is in, and what could be more nostalgic than a retro girls banana seat bike. Not only are banana seats attractive, they are also far more comfortable than saddle seats especially for younger girls who are ready to ride their first bike.
Unfortunately, there really aren’t that many manufacturers that make banana seat bikes for girls, though they do sell banana seats separately. Don’t forget about bicycle safety as well for your little ones!
So, after searching high and low here are the best Girls banana seat bikes we could find.
Table of Content
- 1 Girls Banana Seat Bike – Retro and Fun
- 1.1 Micargi Hero 20″ Girls Low Rider Beach Cruiser Bicycle Pink
- 1.2 Schwinn Girl’s Mist Polo Bike 20-Inch Mint
- 1.3 Schwinn Spirit Girls’ Sidewalk Bike 20″ Wheel
- 1.4 Playdate Bike Club-Step Through Single Speed Bicycle 50cm/One Size
- 1.5 More Girls Banana Bike Seat Options to Consider
Girls Banana Seat Bike – Retro and Fun
Micargi Hero 20″ Girls Low Rider Beach Cruiser Bicycle Pink
The Micargi Hero 20″ Girls Low Rider Beach Cruiser Bicycle is an attractive pink bike with little hearts on the seat.
Features of this bike include:
- Designed for girls up to 5 foot tall
- 11.5 frame
- KT-1 speed coaster breaks
- Chrome steel plated springer fork
- 2 tone Banana seat
- Coaster brake
- Body colored front and rear fenders
- 36 stainless steel spokes
- Body colored chain guard
- Black cruiser pedals with reflectors
- High handlebars
The Micargi Hero 20 Inch Girls low rider beach bike is ultra feminine and pretty in pink with the colorful heart accents.
The banana seat is comfortable and the overall look of this bike is retro and trendy.
There aren’t a wealth of reviews for this bike, but the ones that are available are excellent.
Users (or in this case parents of users) found this bike:
- Easy to put Together – Parents say they can assemble this bike without the need to take it to a professional bike shop, thus saving money in the long run.
- Combo of Pink and Chrome is Extremely Nice Looking – Parents say the combo of the pink and chrome on this bike makes it look both retro and trendy at the same time and their little girls are thrilled with the color scheme.
- Gets a Lot of Compliments on this Bike – Parents are proud that this bike attracts a lot of attention and compliments from other adults and children as well.
Related: Fun gifts for teenage girls
Schwinn Girl’s Mist Polo Bike 20-Inch Mint
Schwinn bikes have been around almost as long as there have been bikes and are a familiar name that most people trust.
The Schwinn Girl’s Mist Polo Bike 20 Inch is a very feminine looking bike that has the following features:
- Classic Schwinn kid’s low stand over frame
- Laser printed banana seat and art work
- Mint green bike with pink accents
- Printed banana seat
- Streamers on handlebars
- Rear foot brake for sure stopping power
- High rise handlebars
The mint green of this bike with the pink and white accents are both feminine and slightly different than those standard pink or purple bikes usually made for girls.
This is a nice bike that really looks like the ones that kids rode four or five decades ago.
Many parents bought this bike for their little girls because it reminded them of the bike they had as children, and they wanted their children to have the same good memories they themselves had.
Here are the things parents think about this bike:
- Vibrant Colors that Really Appeal to Young Girls – The unique and vibrant colors of this bike make it especially appealing to all those little girls who don’t favor pink.
- Rides Really Nicely – The bike rides smoothly, making it even more fun to ride.
- Extremely Sturdy and Well Made – Parents are extremely pleased with the quality of the parts used in making this bike.
- Will Grow with the Child – The adjustable seat and the durability of the bike means that your child may easily be able to use this bike for the next few years.
Schwinn Spirit Girls’ Sidewalk Bike 20″ Wheel
Another nice banana seat bike from Schwinn is the Spirit Girls Sidewalk Bike 20” Wheel.
Features of this bike include:
- Low step over frame
- Coaster brakes (steel stem)
- Printed banana seat that adjusts to 3 difference heights
- High rise handlebars with streamers
- Standard Pedals
- Single speed
- 20” wheels
While the mostly white body with colorful pink, orange, and yellow accents make this bike look sporty as well a feminine, you do need to keep in mind that the white will dirty quickly so may need to be washed often.
It may take some searching, but there are a few scattered reviews for the Schwinn Spirit girl’s banana seat bike.
While some parents did say their bike arrived with damage (poor treatment in shipping) their admiration for this bike was apparent.
Here are what most users had to say about this bike.
- Extremely Attractive – Children and parents alike are drawn to the looks and style of this bike. The bright colored accents really make this bike sparkle.
- Easy to Assemble – Most parents find this bike easy to assemble without needing a professional to do the job for them.
- Comfortable for Your Child to Ride – Most children seem to find this bike comfortable and easy to ride and love riding around on it for all of their friends to admire.
- Excellent Quality – Most parents feel that this Schwinn Spirit is an excellent quality bike that is well worth the price.
Click Here To Get The Most Up To Date Price Of Schwinn Spirit Girls’ Sidewalk Bike 20″ Wheel On Amazon.Com
This Product is Currently Unavailable, but you can try this one instead.
Playdate Bike Club-Step Through Single Speed Bicycle 50cm/One Size
While almost all of the banana seat bikes for girls were designed and manufactured for younger girls and pre-teens, we did happen to find one that is perfect for those teenage girls who want a single speed bike with a banana seat. The Playdate Bike Club-Step Through Single Speed Bicycle.
Features of this bike include:
- Premium double butted cro-moly 4130 steel frame with rear facing track dropouts
- Cro-moly crown forks and fender mounts
- Hi rise chopper handlebar with matching banana seat and sissy bar
- Polished dual Pivot caliper front and rear brakes with barrel adjuster
- Color red
This red and white bike is both sporty and retro and perfect for slightly older middle school or high school girls.
While it would have been nice if this bike came in more sizes, the size available is suitable for girls who inseams run between 26.5 inches and 29.”
Reviews for this bike were about few, but were about as perfect as one can get.
Users really love this bike and one or two say they even ride more often because they like it so much.
Advantages of this bike include:
- Solid Built Quality -The majority of users feel this bike is solidly built and extremely sturdy, containing high quality materials.
- Lightweight – The frame of this bike is relatively lightweight, making it easy for most older girls or women to load up when traveling.
- Comfortable – Users state that this bike gives them a comfortable smooth ride.
- So Retro it Looks Ultra Modern – Users really love the fact that this bike looks retro and ultra modern all at the same time. They state that they get a lot of compliments when riding this bike.
Users do say this bike is pricey for a single speed, but most feel it is well worth the price.
The choice of girls’ bikes that come with banana seats is actually quite limited. Luckily the few bikes that are available all seem to be of excellent quality.